Tuesday, April 28, 2009

English As A Second Language?!

If you're anything like me then you tend to get a zoned look on your face day to day just going to the store to get milk. America has always been a melting pot, so you should expect a vast amount of non-english speaking people. My only thing is i fear for some of the people here when it comes to basic needs.

Let me explain, recently i went to the local ER to sit with a relative and during my time there i sat back and observed the people around me. Of course there were anywhere from minor to major injury, some were smiling, some weren't. The one thing that really stood out was the fact that there were quite a few patients that spoke no english whatsoever. I wasn't shocked, more so concerned, you see,it lead me to wonder, is there a translater here? That was my biggest concern (outside the fact it was crowded)until one doctor came to the rescue of one of the patients and was able to "explain the pain" to the rest of the staff.

I'm sure you can understand my concern when you look at the bigger picture. How many people are living in our country aren't able to ask for the simplest thing because no one understand what they are saying? There is a huge population of spanish speaking citizens here and some of them don't know a word of english. I'm afraid for them honestly. If you're like me and took spanish in school you forgot most of what you learned because you deemed it unimportant at the time. After all "when are we really going to use it" is what went through our minds at the time. But more and more you tend to come in contact with people that have no idea what you're saying.

I think the best thing to do is pick up a program or anything you can get your hands on to learn as many languages as possible in this day and age. In some cases it might just save your life!

So after searching online for some time i came across a system that makes is so easy to learn another language that i wish i would've found it years ago. Working in customer service it would've saved me so much time, instead of putting the person on hold and transferring them to the "language department". I wanted to share this with you all just in case you ever need it.

This company covers everything that you need to know to become part of the local foreign community... From introducing yourself to getting help in an emergency and a whole lot more in between... people just love it when tourists and travelers speak their native language to them.

Keep in mind this is also a high ranking company as far as google is concerned. What will it really hurt if it makes your life a little easier? Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment